Follow these 21 tips for weight loss and it is only a matter of time before you start losing weight.
1. Keep away from low carb diets which offer quick weight loss. These types of diets are short term and do nothing for long term healthy weight loss.
2. Make sure you eat some fruit on a daily basis but don’t overdo it because most fruits are acidic and too much acid can lead to its own problems.
3. Start doing some cardio exercisers about 3 times a week. Anything that is going to increase your heart rate and breathing over a period of a set time is fine.
4. Increase the length of your cardio workouts on a weekly basis, but don’t try to increase in big steps. This allows your body to gradually get used to the changes.
5. Eat slower and chew your food for longer.
6. Make your own healthy lunch at home for work and avoid lunching out.
7. Begin a weight training routine a couple of times a week. This will strengthen and tone you. Also it will give a big boost to your metabolism.
8. Get into the habit of eating at a table or in the kitchen. Try to eat where you can’t see a television.
9. Always eat breakfast; this is probably one of the most important steps that you can take.
10. Make sure that you eat some green vegetables on a daily basis.
11. Increase the fiber in your diet, especially through cereals and whole grain foods.
12. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. This will keep you hydrated, help fill your stomach and flush out toxins.
13. Begin eating smaller portions more frequently throughout the day instead of eating 2 or 3 large meals.
14. Get rid of all the junk foods out of your house and refuse to buy anymore.
15. Avoid food which is coated in batter and bread crumbs.
16. When watching television, start jogging on the spot when the commercials are on. It’s only a few minutes but can add up to a lot of calories being burned through the day.
17. Never ever have second helpings regardless of where you are or what the occasion is.
18. Start cooking your food in a more healthy way e.g. grilling, steaming and boiling.
19. Try to visualize on a daily basis on how you want to look. Imagine seeing yourself as if you had already lost the weight that you have wanted to lose.
20. If you have a day where you eat things you shouldn’t have, don’t think that’s the end of your weight loss program. It is just a minor blip so don’t feel guilty about it. Forget it and get on track the next day.
21. Remember why you are doing it and keep in mind all the benefits you will reap when you succeed. Make your weight loss program a habit that becomes something normal for you.
There you have it, 21 tips for weight loss. Write out a plan around these tips and follow it on a daily basis to the letter. A few months own the road you will be glad that you did.